A fantastic opportunity to work for an innovative hospitality brand based in Birmingham.
The Lasan Group has firmly established itself as one of the most original and exciting hospitality brands in the UK. Driven by an adventurous spirit and an unswerving commitment to quality, we create original, award-winning dining experiences that quicken the heart, stir the soul and make the taste buds dance.
Why work for us?
- Permanent position with great job security
- Easy going environment
- Competitive pay structure
- Excellent career progression with a growing company
- Working with a well established company
Salary: £16k basic
The Accounts Assistant will work closely with the Financial Controller and directors of the company to ensure accurate and timely preparation of financial reports for all companies operating within the group.
- Assist with the preparation of Monthly Management Reports including Profit & Loss, Balance Sheets and Statement of Cash Flows.
- Manage the General Ledger and ensure postings have been entered correctly
- Manage all data entry, including invoice entry, stock counts, bank reconciliation and journal postings.
- Preparation of Monthly Supplier Payments
- Ensure information requested by the Finance Department are being submitted by site teams in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist with preparing quarterly and annual budgets and forecasts.
- Respond to queries from senior management or any other internal or external stakeholders of the business.
- Assist with preparing Weekly Gross Profit and KPI reports for managers
- General admin duties, filing of paperwork, post, emails and answering calls.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will be:
- Strong, with attention to detail and a methodical mind.
- An assertive character who can communicate effectively.
- Attained or working towards completing AAT or any other similar accounting qualification.
- Confident, cool-headed and focused.
- Ambitious and eager to progress.
- Able to travel between operating sites
- Proven experience of working within finance.
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s grades A-C.
- Able to quickly gain an understanding of specific finance functions and take ownership of the resulting tasks.
- Be able to use Excel spread sheets to an intermediate level.
- Proficient verbal and written command of English
Whilst relevant experience is undoubtedly essential for this position, we are looking for someone with the intelligence, intuition and motivation to excel at the role; constantly wanting to better themselves and over deliver. Relevant training will be provided, but we will only consider candidates who have the skills and characteristics listed above.
If this role interests you, please send us your CV and a cover letter stating why you would be perfect for the job. Please feel free to include any other information or documents to support your application.