Assistant Company Secretary
To assist the Group Company Secretary in ensuring that the Company Secretariat runs smoothly, that appropriate legal and statutory compliance are maintained and that an efficient service is provided to the Board, Board Committees and the Executive Committee.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Assisting with the statutory and regulatory administration of Towergate Group, its subsidiary companies and committees, including ensuring compliance with statutory filings, Annual Returns, Report and Accounts, filing of resolutions adopted at General Meetings/and any other filings required to be made with Companies House or with any other statutory authority;
- Maintaining information held on Blueprint, the Company Secretariat database;
- Assisting with the arrangements for Board Meetings, General Meetings and Committee Meetings;
- Acting as Secretary to any meetings, as directed by the Group Company Secretary;
- Assisting with the production and checking of Board and Committee papers prior to circulation and helping with the collating and circulating of these;
- Keeping up to date with developments in Company Law, Corporate Governance and any relevant Shareholder Deed requirements;
- Producing an Annual Timetable of key events in the Company Secretarial calendar, keeping the timetable up-to-date and reissuing on an annual basis;
- Establishing and maintaining a Contracts and Agreements Database;
- Assisting with logo and trademark registration and other intellectual property rights registration and correspondence;
The following must be clearly demonstrated on your CV
- Educated to degree level or equivalent and qualified in the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators qualification;
- Previous Company Secretariat experience;
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills;
- Highly methodical and organised, with an ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines, whilst maintaining accuracy and a high-quality output;
- An ability to maintain confidentiality with a high degree of discretion;
- Ability to absorb and digest technical knowledge and complex data; and
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually.
- Advanced skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
Ideally, you will have previous experience with Blueprint Secretariat Software but not essential.
Please apply online