Occupational Therapist _ Mental Health (Birmingham) (£24,000)
Connect Wellbeing are recruiting on behalf of a Mental Health rehabilitation service in Birmingham with a permanent opportunity for an Occupational Therapist to join a Psychology led MDT. The occupational therapy team promote social Integration & Independence encouraging empowering tasks that develop life skills and restore confidence:-
· Clinical reasoning to assess how client’s mental health difficulties impact upon their occupational areas and performance.
· Apply specialist clinical knowledge and skills to carry out occupational/vocational assessments
· Specialist assessments of daily living skills to ascertain level of functional ability, risk factors, level of support / accommodation
· Assess client’s mental state and identify any significant risk factors and to collaboratively undertake risk assessments with other members of the MDT
· Promote the empowerment and education of clients in relation to their holistic health including social inclusion, health promotion & relapse prevention
· Evaluate effectiveness of therapy interventions in conjunction with clients/carers & other professionals.
· Promote and apply equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory interventions that respect the clients values and spiritual beliefs at all times.
You will be a HCPC registered OT; contact Connect Wellbeing for a confidential discussion.