Project Engineer based in Kendal
Your new company
An award winning, leading consultancy having specialised in the built environment for more than 50 years. The company invests time and money to it employee's and encourages personal development. They are a growing team that keeps winning work and is why they are recruiting.
Your new role:
- Responsible for working within a team of engineers and technicians in the delivery of civil & structural engineering projects
- Responsible for co-ordinating delivery of structures, drainage and highways elements of projects
- Responsible for the development and ongoing management of design delivery programmes
- Responsible for the analysis and design of building structures, progressing to overall design of structures
- Responsible for the development of structural engineering designs and ensuring delivery of production information to effectively communicate design requirements
- Responsible for managing CAD / REVIT technicians to ensure appropriate level of design information is included on production information
- Ability to develop structural designs using Design/Analysis software.
- Visiting sites and attending site meetings
- Involvement in internal and project design meetings.
- Attend external design meetings with clients and other design team members.
- Prepare correspondence and reports.
What you'll need to succeed
- Must hold a degree in Structural/Civil Engineering (ideally 2:1)
- Holds or is working towards a professional qualification i.e, MIStructE/MICE/AMIStructE/AMICE or equivalent
- Must be IT literate with experience of structural design software packages
- Must be technically competent
- Determination to find solutions to problems
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise way with colleagues and clients
- Ability to develop client relationships
- Must hold a valid driving licence
What you'll get in return
Competitive Salary 25 days Holiday + bank holidays, Childcare Voucher Scheme, Bike to Work Scheme Company, Pension Scheme, Share Ownership after qualifying period Life Assurance
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.