Trainee Investment Manager
NJR are currently working with one of the UK's largest discretionary investment management firms, who manage bespoke portfolios that are tailored to your individual preferences and now have an excellent opportunity for a talented and ambitious Trainee Investments Manager to join their prestigious office based in Birmingham.
Our client is extremely dynamic and provides an environment for career motivated people to thrive and will fully support / provided those of you wishing to pursue professional qualifications, You will be provided with a good level of basic salary and market leading benefits.
The main purpose of you role will be to assist one or more Investment Manager(s) in providing investment management services and/or investment advice to a range of significant private clients; whilst developing an understanding of the client's investment objectives, risk profile, investment experience and financial resource.
- Assist the Investment Manager with regular and ad hoc portfolio reviews covering sector/asset allocation (including alternative investments and stock selection as well as monitoring clients' investment objectives, portfolio benchmarks and risk profiles.
- Assist the Investment Manager in ensuring that all client relationships are properly documented on a timely basis, including checking that "Know
- Your Client" information is maintained up-to-date.
- Support Investment Managers in seeking new business, working closely with marketing staff, e.g. preparation of presentations, creation of investment proposals and occasional attendance at client meetings.
- To undertake dealing transactions under the guidance and supervision of the Investment Manager.
- Attend internal/external investment meetings and participate as required
- Acquire a detailed knowledge of the company's investment strategy and stock selection.
- Prepare and provide clients and/or intermediaries with information and reports as required.
- Ensure all duties and tasks are completed within all relevant rules, compliance regulations and in-house policies and procedures.
- Educated to a high standard and ideally with Investment Management
- Certificate or the IAD and working towards the CISI Diploma, CISI MA in Wealth Management or CFA Level 1.
- Experience within the private client investment industry would be an advantage
- Good Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Good operational knowledge of interdepartmental processes.
- Strong attention to detail with document work and written communication
- Able to listen and engage with clients and understands accurately their needs
Our client is looking for someone with a can-do attitude, who can deliver a first class service to clients as well as having the ability to build strong relationships and displaying professionalism at all times.
For further information please contact one of our specialist consultants quoting REF: NJR6597