Job Title: Membership Manager - Mid England
Location: Birmingham City Centre (with requirement to travel)
Hours: 36.25 hours per week
Salary: £43,000 per week plus £4,000 car allowance
The Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) is an international membership organisation that promotes and advances civil engineering around the world. ICE is a qualifying body, a centre for the exchange of specialist knowledge, and a provider of resources to encourage innovation and excellence in the profession worldwide.
To fulfil ICE’s societal obligations to qualify and develop Civil Engineers, the Membership Manager is responsible for leading and delivering membership growth and development across Mid England through proactive customer relationship management and leadership and direction of the membership recruitment team.
Duties and responsibilities
- Delivers stakeholder relationship management and recruitment strategies within Mid England.
- Provides leadership, direction and management of the membership recruitment team to ensure the delivery of membership growth objectives within Mid England through the implementation of the ICE plan;
- Develops, maintains and enhances effective working practices to deliver the membership growth goals within Mid England;
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with employers, at senior level and through Supervising Civil Engineers (SCEs) and other senior staff, to ensure on-going employer commitment to professional qualification;
- Ensures the Mid England membership team provides appropriate support and guidance to potential and current members to facilitate admission to membership and transfer between grades;
- Provides advice on membership opportunities and careers and qualifications in civil engineering;
- Provides advice to SCEs, Delegated Engineers and trainees to improve training effectiveness;
- Support the Director of Membership Recruitment in the preparation of the Mid England Membership Team budget;
- Extensive travel over the East Midlands, West Midlands and East of England.
What are we looking for?
- Applicants will have significant experience of customer / client relations and account management, with the ability to influence at a variety of levels;
- Candidates will have strong written and oral communication skills, and will have the ability to build rapport with customers and other audiences;
- Applicants will be experienced in project management, business planning, budget preparation and financial management;
- Candidates will possess strong reporting skills, demonstrating the ability to provide regular, timely and concise verbal and written reports as required;
- Experience of business development planning and implementation is essential;
- It is essential that candidates have experience of the built environment, construction or civil engineering sectors;
- Knowledge and / or experience of engineering education, training and professional development is highly desirable;
- Candidates will have strong supporting ICT capabilities, with knowledge and skills in Microsoft Office applications and database software.
ICE Group benefits include:
- 25 days annual leave
- Up to eight per cent of salary contributed to a personal pension scheme
- 24 hour employee support line
- Death in service benefit equivalent to one year’s salary
- Childcare vouchers
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Big Gym membership savings with the Gymflex scheme