Senior Linux Engineer - HFT - Prop Trading London - Infrastructure Expert - Python
Senior Linux Engineer - HFT - Prop Trading London
World Leading Prop Trading Group based in Chicago, NYC and London is looking for a highly talented Linux Engineer with strong knowledge of Python. Ideally you will have worked trading/brokerage experience with understanding of HFT Infrastructure.
- Perform system configurations, application installations, monitoring and support of Linux systems
- Communicate with other members of the team to ensure consistency of information and ensure that solutions and processes are well documented
- Communicate and work with external parties such as vendors, as appropriate
- Effectively prioritize workload and react to immediate systems issues with good judgment and credible decision-making
- Effectively document procedures and troubleshooting guides for other members of the team as well as compliance
- Maintain ongoing and growing technical knowledge and learning for self and team
- Diagnose critical system problems and issues.
- Perform system and network troubleshooting and resource optimization
- Compile, test, and install kernels and drivers for low latency trading applications
- Build clustered and high availability servers for databases, email, and trading applications
- Develop and maintain design for storage equipment, capacity, allocation, backups, and performance
- Customize Linux init system, I/O stacks, and performance tuning
- Manage email, chat, DNS, DHCP, Identity Management services, and Hadoop
- Manage KVM , PostgreSQL, and web server services
- Analyze IPv4 packet captures and ability to diagnose issues and inefficiencies
- Understanding of SQL, databases, Linux, email systems, and network attached storage systems
- Architect, implement, monitor, support and troubleshoot a global low-latency trading network including routers, switches, firewalls, and voice technologies
- Intermediate to Expert level experience working with routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF and PIM.
- Minimum of 5 years of related or similar work experience in a relevant systems administration role
- Experience working with client / exchange on boarding especially in the financial space, a plus.
- Solid troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrable experience with Python
- Demonstrable experience with UNIX shell
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
This is one of my very best clients that only consider the top talent and people will be rewarded with excellent opportunity to progress in to management and take more ownership of thee architecture. Salary and bonus will compete with the very best globally. Please contact Dean Looney at Noble Recruiting for more details.
Salary - £80 - 120k - Bonus - Exceptional