Data Scientist - Machine Learning Engineer
Data Scientist | Machine Learning Engineer
£45,000 - £60,000 + benefits
Harnham are working with a leading FTSE 250 retailer who are in the process of setting up a division devoted to machine learning in their central London tech hub.
As a Data Scientist in this brand new function, you will be responsible for spearheading the introduction of advanced machine learning methodologies to the business. You will have a broad remit to work within, your ultimate goal being to automate as many processes/decisions as possible and to identify new opportunities for growth/profit/cost saving.
Other projects will include: recommendation systems, fraud detection, sentiment analysis and business optimisation.
This is a role with extensive production-level machine learning involved. You will not only research and prototype but also be required have strong engineering skills.
You will be:
- Developing and implementing custom machine learning algorithms for the company
- Exploring new machine learning/deep learning techniques - keeping the business at the forefront of the industry
- Interacting with key stakeholders within analytics
- Helping to develop a strategic road-map for the machine learning function - identifying key growth areas for the business
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
You must have:
- An MSc or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence or Mathematics
- A breadth and depth of machine learning knowledge (developing algorithms from scratch is a necessity)
- Familiarity with one of the following: R/Python/Scala/Java
- Work experience with Hadoop/AWS/Spark is desirable
Up to £60,000 + benefits
HOW TO APPLY
Please register your interest by sending your CV via the Apply link on this page. For more information about similar data science roles at Harnham please contact Nick Mandella.
R, Python, Scala, SQL, Hive, Pig, Hadoop, Spark, Machine Learning, Development, Implementation, Statistics, Artificial Intelligence, Mathematics, AWS, Kafka, Azure ML, Azure, Algorithm, Optimisation, Recommendation System, Research, Pricing, Marketing, Online, Data Scientist, Data Science, Predictive modelling, Forecasting.