US Tax Consultant - Top 30 Firm - London
AJ Chambers Tax Specialists have taken instruction from a Top 30 Firm of Chartered Accountants who are looking to appoint a US Tax Consultant for their London office located near major rail links in the City of London.
You will work within the firm’s Private Client Department, with a respectable client base commensurate with the status of a Top 30 international firm. Work will be varied and include compliance and advisory exposure.
Advisory work is varied, including matters such as:
- Personal offshore administration
- Employment taxation structures
- Property ownership (both in the UK and overseas)
- Tax efficient wealth structures
- Business succession/ exit planning
- Offshore trust and company administration; reviewing the tax implications of residence and domicile laws
- Dealing with tax investigations/ enquiries
- Advising on the use of trusts
- Mitigation of inheritance and capital gains taxes
- Charitable giving,
Your responsibilities will include;
- Preparation of tax returns for HNW US citizens, green card holders and non-US persons
- Preparation of more complex tax compliance work - e.g tax pool computations for offshore trusts
- Advising US/ non-US individuals on a wide range of tax issues
- Dealing with clients/ third parties/ revenue authorities in an efficient, timely and effective manner
The exact remit of this role and accompanying remuneration package is flexible, and will depend on the experience and skillset of the successful candidate.
- Enrolled Agent qualification or working towards it
- Strong private client tax experience including US tax experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work under pressure in a deadline-driven role
- Strong IT skills, able to quickly adapt to technology changes and innovation
For further information on this US Tax Consultant role, please apply directly or contact Nicholas Peer at AJ Chambers.