Senior Staff Nurse - ICU
Senior Staff Nurse ICU - The Harley Street Clinic
Salary in the region of £35673 to £40401per annum + 9% enhancements
HCA Healthcare UK - World's largest private acute and complex care hospital group and winners of 'The Best Private Healthcare provider 2016' and 'Best International Cancer Services' provider 2016
The Harley Street Clinic is one of the most prestigious and respected private hospitals in London, specialising in complex, cancer, cardiac and neuroscience, care for both adults and children. With the most advanced medical equipment and the largest private paediatric ICU in the country, it's no surprise we attract some of the finest specialist consultants from many of London's major teaching hospitals.
The Harley Street Clinic Adult Intensive Care Unit provides expertise and technology of the highest standard. The service is provided by a dedicated multi-disciplinary team of Consultant Intensivists, Registrars, Nurses, and allied health professionals including dieticians, physiotherapists and occupational therapists.
The unit is able to provide multi-organ support including the latest in cardiac, ventilator and renal replacement technologies. We care for level 2 (high dependency) and level 3 (highest level of 1:1 care) patients within a supportive clinical environment As well as specialising in complex cardiac and surgical cases, the unit provides support for all medical/surgical emergencies within the hospital.
Facilities include the availability of isolation rooms and 24 hour / 7 day support from theatres, cardiac catheter laboratory and diagnostic services. The team provides clinical and advisory support for all patients within The Harley Street Clinic ensuring that all patients receive the best possible acute medical care.
As the Senior Staff Nurse you will provide the highest possible care to patients, while being accountable and responsible for the nursing management of a designated area. This will include the supervision of staff and will see you working in a supervisory capacity, expected to be a role model for the team thus enhancing the patient experience, improving patient outcomes and contributing to delivering high standards of care and compassion at all times.
This is a full time (37.5 hours per week) permanent post.
The projected salary range is: £35673 to £40401per annum + 9% enhancements, pension scheme, 33 days annual leave and more attractive benefits
Hours: Full time, flexible shifts on internal rotation (long days, nights, weekends)
Benefits: We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, the use of all HCA facilities for acute medical conditions, annual salary review, 25 days holiday each year and access to a fantastic flexible benefits scheme. We can also offer you a relocation packages if you are living outside of London or the UK. You can expect to be working in an environment that promotes the development of your skills and knowledge.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate care to meet the patient and their family's needs
- Responsible for planning and delivering appropriate care for admissions and discharges
- Ability to quickly identify any clinical problems and report or take appropriate action
- Undertake extended roles such as venipuncture, cannulation and phlebotomy
- Initiate improvements and developments in clinical issues and delivery of care
- All ad hoc nursing duties as required by senior staff, including potential deputising for seniors in their absence
- Contributing to the ongoing research based care and other practice development initiatives
- Promote good communication channels amongst staff to enhance good team work
- Maintain a safe environment for patients and staff
- Working with junior staff and delegating and supervising the care in a fair and equitable manner
- Recognising the signs and symptoms of a deteriorating patient and initiate early interventions in a calm and co-ordinated manner
- As shift leader monitor the care of a group of patients and takes the lead in emergency situations, and evaluation of post emergency care situations
Skills & Experience
- Registered General Nurse with NMC pin.
- Neuro or General ITU/HDU specific skills and experience.
- Motivated and forward thinking individual with excellent communication skills.
- Excellent communication skills with good time management and prioritisation skills.
- Mentorship / ENB998
- Critical Care Course (60 Credit) / ENB100
- Experience in advanced respiratory ventilation, neuro, cardiothoracic, oncology would be advantageous.