Centaur Media is a main market listed company, primarily based in the UK with approximately 600 employees in offices in Central London and the Midlands. We are a multi-platform content and services business that provides businesses and individuals with knowledge, tools and opportunities to improve their performance. We show specific global communities how they can achieve excellence, measure and benchmark their performance and celebrate success. Centaur generates market intelligence and insight which enables them to plan and prepare for future trends.
The Data Executive performs a key role within the Data team, gaining exposure to a number of analytical systems and valuable experience in the mechanics of what makes a digital first business operate. This is an excellent opportunity for any new graduate to establish themselves within a transforming industry and learn in demand core skills.
The successful applicant will be responsible for supporting Centaur’s commercial, marketing, content and technical teams - across both project work and ad hoc requests for information - utilising a varied range of digital technologies. Looking into what makes our digital products successful, how to optimise performance and user experience, create data products for segmented marketing campaigns, and learn cutting edge industry tools and techniques that make this happen are just some of the opportunities available.
- Understanding how business models translate to analytical reports - creating and share this insight with the business in scheduled reporting
- Use web analytics, email marketing systems and audience databases to create responses to ad hoc data requests
- Assist in the definition of marketing segmentation plans and create the data sets to underpin them
- Work across all reporting aspects from dashboard design to in-depth insight reports
- All the glorious Data team administration stuff - answering calls, responding to requests, general office duties
- Being interested and enthusiastic and represent the team across the business
Behaviours and Knowledge:
We know a lot of the technologies may be specialist, and the applicant will learn them as they progress, so we are ideally looking for:
- Good knowledge of MS Office packages, particularly Excel.
- Excellent level of numeracy and an active interest in data, analysis and statistics
- Desire to learn and take an active role in expanding your knowledge
- Enjoys tackling challenging and sometimes unstructured problems, using a variety of skills and tools
- An interest in digital products - websites, social media, mobile - even AI or IoT
- Some experience of interrogating databases would be an advantage.
- Some experience of using web analytics systems such as Google Analytics, Adobe Sitecatalyst or Webtrends would be an advantage
- Internal clients receive the information they require in a timely manner and appropriate format.
- The post holder becomes an expert user of web analytics and database analysis tools - and able to respond to a wide range of business requests as required
- Contributes to the overall success of the Data and Analytics team.