Nursery Co-ordinator / Manager
An experienced Nursery Co-ordinator / Nursery Manager with a number of years in childcare and management is to join a beautiful nursery school in Wimbledon.
The Nursery Co-ordinator / Manager will be responsible for organising, motivating and developing staff, as well as managing and enhancing procedures and systems in the Nursery.
- Ensuring that all rooms/ units remain safe and clean, complete risk assessments and adhere to Nursery procedures that aim to keep the children healthy and safe
- Ensure that the organisation and procedures implemented in the Nursery are in line with best practice and the goals and ethos of the nursery
- Ensuring that room leaders/ teachers create long and short-term plans and develop classroom systems in line with the goals of the age groups as established by the Nursery and the EYFS using assessments etc to inform objectives.
- Provide a significant number of valuable contributions in terms of room set up and activities
- To act as a leader throughout the Nursery, someone who others can look to for examples of best practice
- Ensure that observations and assessments are regularly and correctly completed and maintained in an organised fashion in line with Nursery policy
- Establish, develop and maintain close, professional relationships with all relevant authorities
- Promoting open and regular communication amongst staff, building the team spirit
- Taking guidance and direction from senior staff in a professional and supportive fashion to promote the quality of the Nursery and encourage others to do the same
- To undertake regular formal and informal observations of staff throughout their unit
- To provide staff with opportunities to develop their skills and ability
- To be involved with new staff recruitment and inductions
- To ensure that budgets are utilised wisely to improve the experiences of children and staff
- To contribute to the quality of the Nursery by offering ideas for improvements to systems and procedures with the primary of aim of ensuring that a standard of excellence is maintained throughout the Nursery at all times.