Our client is a city based financial services individual to act as deputy to the Finance Director. In this role you will manage the day-to-day running of the Finance Team to deliver an outstanding level of service to the company team and will ensure the efficient management of the company’s finance.
This is a challenging and highly visible role which will need the incumbent to have strong internal relationship building skills as you will often be discussing reports and financials to key stakeholders.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Inputting into the entire budget cycle: cash flow, development of the annual budget, forecasting and budget exercises and gap analysis
· Monthly closing process: analysis of the results, indicator monitoring, analysis and understanding of gaps
· Preparation and review of monthly and annual closings of the accounts
· Balance sheet reconciliations
· Prepare and submitting of quarterly VAT returns
· Develop and implementation of new procedures
· Ad hoc reporting
· Preparation of the financial statements (IFRS)
· Intercompany recharging and reconciliation
· Improvement of financial process and procedures
· Day-to-date management of the finance team of one
· Responsible for the audit calendar, preparation of the group accounts for annual audit.
· Ensure good working relationships with auditors and other external advisors
· CIMA or ACCA qualified, ideally from a banking or financial services background
· Team management experience