Day Centre Support Worker
* Are you looking for a permanent role with full time hours?
* Would you like to work for a smaller organisation where you can make a difference and have a voice and really be part of a team?
* Are you looking to make a real difference to peoples lives using your creative side and skills in a really fun atmosphere?
* Do you like to have fun at work?
* Do you have experience working with young adults with learning disabilities ?
If you have answered yes to all of the above, then please read on!
A really lovely opportunity has arisen for a Activities Support Worker within a day centre environment based in Woodgreen.
You will be supporting young adults aged between 18+ with Learning Disabilities. As a Activities Support Worker you will be also be working with the young adults on a one to one basis. You will be supporting the young adults in carrying out creative tasks, developing their creative skills and helping them developing their individual skills. You will be required to have experience working with people and young adults who behaviour at times challenges and those who may have epilepsy. This is a really fun and creative role.
The ideal candidate will:
* be an effective communicator, able to empower and motivate others
* able to be assertive whilst being compassionate
* happy to bring their own creativity and share hobbies with the clients
* will also have some previous experience working and supporting young adults with Learning Disabilities and challenging behaviour
* ideally have an NVQ/QCF Level 2 in Social Care
* must also be able to drive and hold a valid driving license
* very occasionally be required to drive the minibus - full training is provided
The role involves:Monday - Friday 9-5
* Responding to young adults and their social and creative needs
* Ensuring that their individual needs are met including developing confidence, individuality, freedom of choice and a feeling of well-being
* Establishing good relationships with the young adults and gaining their trust
* Establishing good working relationships with your peers
* Keeping written reports as required by the Activities Day Centre Manager
They will also offer you:
* A competitive salary
* Over 22 days holiday
* A very comprehensive training and development plan
* Great career opportunities
* A great caring working environment
* Staff pension scheme
* Occupational sickness benefit scheme
Our client is offering immediate interviews for this role therefore if you would like to apply for this role please send your CV to us as soon as possible.
All suitable candidates will be required to have an enhanced DBS check and all employment offers will be subject to satisfactory checks.
Oakley Professional Recruitment is an Independent Recruitment Consultancy.