DEVOPS LEAD - Docker/Ansible/AWS - London
LEAD DEVOPS - Ansible, Docker, AWS - £Neg + 25 days annual leave, EMI Share Options, Pension etc.
THE COMPANY: Our partner is a rapidly growing company offering a dynamic environment for talented and motivated individuals seeking to do something different. Data sets are large and our analytics and systems are cutting edge. Staff include specialists in software development, research, sales and operations. Currently seeking highly motivated individuals with a passion for working with big data and cloud based resources. We offer a dynamic, flexible and highly stimulating work environment, where good ideas are prized and rewarded correspondingly.
YOUR ROLE: We are looking for a passionate devops person to design, build and maintain a continuous deployment process. In this role, you will be responsible for maintaining and deploying web applications that integrate RESTful web services with distributed cloud computing.
The devops team use a range of technologies including Python 3.5, Ansible, Jenkins, Docker, AWS, GitHub and JIRA.
A passion for new technologies and a drive to find simple and reliable ways to solve complex problems is key.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES: You will be the Dev Ops Team Lead, joining a team of server side developers with varied skills in web development, systems development, devops and quality assurance.
Your primary role will be to ensure the smooth deployment of releases and the maintenance of those releases in the production environment.
You will contribute to architecture and technical design of our back-end and of the ecosystem as a whole and to the creation and maintenance of platform documentation.
YOUR PROFILE: As mid/senior engineer, we expect you to be an experienced coder and technical designer, with a track record of building, testing, deploying and maintaining multi-server, scalable systems.
- Professional experience of deploying complex cloud applications with Ansible. Testing and maintaining large Ansible deployment playbooks
- Professional experience deploying, maintaining and debugging high load, real time web applications
- Professional experience with Jenkins including building and maintaining job definitions, pipelines, and plugin config files in version control
- Professional experience of deploying hardware using Terraform or CloudFormation
- Professional experience of building machine images (AMIs) using technologies like Packer, Vagrant
- Professional experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Professional experience with packaging and deploying Python applications
- Knowledge of relational as well as NOSQL databases, in particular PostgreSql and Redis
- Knowledge of WSGI and HTTP
- Dedicated to test-driven development
- Master of Git source control
- Experience with building and deploying Docker images
- Experience with the Conda package management system
- Asynchronous programming and Python asyncio module
- Python libraries such as SqlAlchemy, Celery, NumPy, PyTables, Cython and Virtualenv
If you are interested, please apply with your CV.
TSD Specialists Ltd. are an I.T. Recruitment partner acting on behalf of our client.