We are looking to assist our client in their search for an experienced Payroll Supervisor. Working for this well established manufacturing company based near Gateshead you will undertake the following duties:-
- Supervising a small payroll team
- Assisting with weekly and monthly payroll processing, high volumes
- Completing adhoc reports and maintaining payroll records
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant payroll legislation
- Responsible for the processing and monitoring of all salary payments and timesheets
- Preparing and posting wage journals
- Responsible for all starters and leavers documentation
- Ensuring staff holidays and sickness are dealt with correctly through payroll
- Dealing with payroll queries
- Liaising with HMRC as required
- Ensuring that pension schemes operated by the company are processed correctly and that contributions are paid in a timely and accurate manner
- Taking overall responsibility for the payroll department and reporting to senior management
You will have worked in a similar role previously and have strong Excel and Sage Payroll experience. Strong knowledge in RTI and auto enrolment would be preferred as well as good interpersonal and communication skills. You will be self-motivated and enjoy working as part of a team.
You should also have previous supervisory experience and be able to motivate your team. It would be of benefit to have had experience at monitoring and implementing new systems.
Hours 37.5 per week.