Field Service Engineer - South West
Our client are a global leader in their field, developing machines that provide precision surface finishing to a range of industries including aerospace, automotive, nuclear and precision tooling.
They are currently looking to add an additional Field Service Engineer to their team in a field based capacity.
The role of the Field Service Engineer is a vital one for the business, the key responsibilities of this role are set out below:
- Servicing of all machines at customer premises to include machine breakdown diagnosis, retro-fit work and maintenance training.
- Act as the key point of contact with the customer from agreement of sale through to delivery and installation.
- Be able to relay customer requirements and specifications to internal teams and sub-contractors.
- Accountability for ensuring that all machines dispatched from sub-contractors to customers have passed the necessary QA and have been built to the standard and specification required.
The role will suit someone with the following background:
- City & Guilds or equivalent in an Electrical discipline
- Excellent knowledge of mechanical and pneumatic systems.
- A background in a machine commissioning, maintenance or field service role.
- An ability to communicate effectively with both external customers and internal teams.
- A good knowledge of Mitsubishi or similar PLC systems
- An ability to amend PLC programs and fault find.
- Ability to travel independently worldwide as required by the role. This may be for a period of a couple of weeks at a time on the odd occasion.
The preference is for a suitable candidate to be based within the South West region, however, consideration may also be given for those from further afield with the right skill set.
A salary of up to £35,000 + travel allowances (10% of salary) and benefits are on offer for the right person.