Development Operations Engineer - Ashford
A successful and well established financial services organisation in Kent is seeking a Development Operations Engineer to join their team. As the Development Operations Engineer you will be responsible for the implementation and management of the platforms, and working with project teams to enhance the systems.
- Previous experience in environment provisioning (automation e.g. Ansible)
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of virtualisation, particularly API, strong scripting skills and preferably some experience with automation products.
- High level of experience in supporting Linux and Windows environments with Wintel/RedHat/Oracle Linux
- Application support (Tomcat) experience with J2EE application servers e.g. JBOSS, Tomcat, Apache, Weblogic,
- Experience of deploying applications in JAVA environments using (team city, Bitbucket)
- Experience working with enterprise application vendors
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef or an equivalent
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS is required)
- Strong experience with SQL and MySQL
- An understanding of code and script (PHP, Python, Perl and/or Ruby)