Finance Assistant - Receivables
Metropolitan are a team of more than 1,300 colleagues working to provide affordable housing, care and support and community regeneration services.
At Metropolitan we have been very busy and successful in securing the opportunity to provide services to YOUR local community and we are on the hunt for some fresh talent to join our team and be instrumental in our success.
We are looking for a Finance Assistant to join our team in Southgate, North London.
The Finance Assistant will be responsible for providing general administrative support to the Income Team including dealing with incoming post and cheques, managing the team email inbox, and dealing with general queries by phone and email. You will also be dealing with the administration of Universal Credit (UC) claims.
About the job:
- Record Cash, Direct Debit, Standing Order and Cheques in the cash book
- Liaise with customers to ensure accounts are kept up to date and in an accurate manner
- Reconcile daily cash receipts to the receivables ledger on Oracle Financials
- Liaise with our internal customers to identify and post suspense items
- Load housing benefit schedules to ensure customer accounts are up to date in the housing management system
- Deal with customer enquiries by phone, email and letter
- Advise the income team on the appropriate accounting treatment for unusual items
- Perform other duties as may be reasonably required by your line manager.
- Good numeracy skills
- Experience of working in an accounts receivables team
- Good communication skills
- Strong customer services skills
- Good IT skills
- Experience of using Oracle financials or a similar finance package
- Strong reconciliation skills and an eye for detail
- An affinity of the work of the Social Housing sector
** Shortlisting for this role will take place on Tuesday 13th June **
*** Interviews will take place on 15th and 19th June ***
What Metropolitan can offer you:
Metropolitan offers an excellent and unique Benefits package that can be adapted to suit each individual. We offer employees the opportunity to choose from a wide variety of benefits which includes options around Childcare Vouchers, Health and Well-being Programme, Employee Assistance and discounts with multiple retailers and many more. We also offer an impressive Pension Scheme and 28 days holiday, with the ability to buy and sell up to 5 days!