Service Manager - Nursing Homes
The Service Manager as a member of the senior team has a key role in bringing the strategy to life ensuring everything we do is underpinned by Jewish Care's values.
The role is both operational and strategic providing operational line management to a group of specific allocated care homes with the aim of achieving high quality services and practice that meet regulatory and organisational standards within the agreed budgetary framework whilst maintaining occupancy levels and financial viability. While leading on the development of strategic services and staff development across homes and other relevant services the Service Manager will also take the lead in overseeing the development of clinical and nursing practice across the homes, clinical policies and auditing KPIs.
Hours are 36.25 hours per week to be worked 5 days over 7 days to include some weekend, evening and night cover.
Car driver and own transport needed. This job will be based at Amelie House in Golders Green although expected to spend considerable time in the homes for which they are responsible for.
This job will close on 27th June 2017. Shortlisting will take place 30th June 2017. Interviews will take place week commencing 10th July 2017.
Principal Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- To provide leadership to deliver the strategy and ensure continuous improvement of all services leading to better outcomes and a positive impact on wellbeing.
- To manage, oversee, monitor and audit the operational running and provision of services. Having overall accountability for meeting regulatory, organisational and good practice standards including supervision, performance reviews, out of hours cover, reporting, community engagement and involvement in expert groups.
- To maintain a visible presence in the home, including evenings and weekends and to maintain direct contact with staff, service users, relatives and volunteers to ensure the needs of the community are met.
- To provide line management cover to other homes when required (mainly due to leave of other service managers).
- To contribute to the setting of budgets and manage within agreed budget for all assigned cost centres ensuring that occupancy and monetary budgets are met, income is maximised and cost efficiencies are optimised.
- To work closely with Quality Assurance department and committees to improve the customer experience.
- To work collaboratively with other departments within Jewish Care as well as with external agencies.
- To apply and demonstrate the Jewish Care values in all activities.
- To combat inequality, exclusion and abuse to ensure organisational values and legislative requirements are met and maintained.
- To take responsibility for own continued professional development and that of their team.
Qualifications & Experience
- Registered General Nurse (Band 8) - essential
Degree or equivalent - desirable
Proven track record of working within a nursing home / health service in both practitioner and management roles and demonstrable in-depth knowledge and understanding of operational processes and clinical issues arising in care homes
Experience of managing multiple services and complex social and clinical care environments and preferably experience of managing multi-service sites.
Experience of working with older people and having good clinical knowledge of conditions that may affect them such as Dementia, Parkinson's disease, Diabetes, as well as end of life car
Track record of improving clinical practice within a care / health environment
- Experience of working with CQC and its inspection process and implementing changes in response to feedback.
- Experience of engaging with staff, residents, relatives and other health professionals.
- Experience of setting and managing budgets and ability to demonstrate successful working within set budgets.
- Experience of working collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Experience of working within the third sector and working with volunteers would be an advantage.
Jewish Care offers excellent benefits and training to all staff. Benefits include, free meals, 20 day's annual leave, Jewish Care Pension scheme, various discounts, Loans and mileage reimbursement, ride to work scheme, eye tests, employee referral bonus and more.
Jewish Care is a leading communal organisation. We are the largest health and social care charity for the Jewish community in the UK, caring for nearly 7,000 people every week. Approximately 1500 staff from multi-cultural backgrounds together with 3,000 volunteers help to maintain their service. It provides a wide range of services to help meet the community's physical, social and emotional needs, both directly and in partnership with other organisations. We care & support many people including; older people with dementia, disabilities, mental health needs and Holocaust survivors and many more.
We aim to make a positive impact on the lives of Jewish people by crea