An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Accountant to join an award winning Accountancy Practice based in Birmingham.
As the Accountant you will be working in a new team within the business dealing with more complex client accounts. Playing a pivotal role you will be responsible for mentoring and guiding Trainee Accountants and Accountants as well as being the main Senior Accountant providing advice on the latest TAX and VAT issues.
Role and Responsibilities:
You will manage a portfolio of clients effectively and efficiently ensuring that the service we provide achieves the client expectations. You will assist and support the Team Manager in the training, technical support and quality control for the team.
- The completion of year-end accounts, CT600, and Corporation Tax computations.
- Completion of Self-Assessment Tax Returns.
- Co-ordination and management of payroll, VAT, and administration duties.
- Meet deadlines for VAT, Payroll, Statutory Accounts and Tax Returns.
- Liaising with HMRC on behalf of clients.
- Taking on and managing new clients.
- Growing the business through referrals.
- Offer bespoke accountancy, taxation and tax planning advice.
- Advise clients in relation to IR35 and the associated implications of this legislation.
- Manage the client relationship whilst building a strong rapport and developing client loyalty.
- Training, coaching and mentoring of colleagues.
- Supporting team members with more complex accounting scenarios
- ACCA or AAT is essential for this role.
- Experience of working in a Practice