As an occupational therapist you work with some of the most vulnerable people in the country.
Your patience, caring nature and ability to remain professional in difficult circumstances are exactly why we need you. Your experience supporting people with Mental Health issues, illnesses and disabilities is vital to ensuring the continued support and success of the sector.
I am working with a nationwide Healthcare provider that specialises in supporting people that require healthcare based around their mental health. Their range of services can support those with a range of different needs, including complex and acute mental illness, personality disorder, eating disorder, learning disability, and autistic spectrum disorder.
Their clinics and hospitals have dedicated wards to support and treat service users at the appropriate point in their care pathway. Step-up and step-down pathways within hospitals, regions and nationwide, ensure continuity of care as required.
The role will involve;
- developing a rehabilitation programme to help rebuild lost skills and restore confidence;
- teaching anxiety management techniques;
- helping people to return to work/home life;
- advising on specialist equipment to help with daily activities;
- coaching people with learning difficulties or poor social skills, e.g. in handling money and social interaction;
- mentoring people on how to control their own behaviour;
- liaising with other professionals, such as doctors, physiotherapists, social workers, equipment suppliers and architects, as well as patients' families, carers and employers;
- writing reports and attend multidisciplinary case meetings to plan and review ongoing treatment;
- organising support and rehabilitation groups for carers and clients;
- managing a caseload, prioritising needs and completing administrative tasks such as patient and budgetary records.
In return for your hard work and dedication to your role, you will get;
- Teaching and CPD programmes
- Generous study and exam leave
- Financial support for further training and personal development
- Active participation in clinical governance
- Appraisal and peer supervision
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free life insurance
- Subsidised meals on duty
- Comprehensive employee assistance programme and discount centre
- Health Cash Plan
Please contact Hnery for more information.