Finance Manager, Management Accounting
Job Title: Finance Manager, Management Accounting
Location: Bath, with parking
Purpose of the role:
As Finance Manager within the UK Management Accounts team, you will work closely with the FC and other Finance Managers on existing business and manage a team of five. You will be responsible for delivering month and year end, and the resourcing, recruitment, development and training of the team; focusing on increasing levels of efficiency, accuracy and attention to detail.
Specific duties will include:
- Delivering the Balance Sheet to deadline each month, reconciled to the standard required, and for accounts owned by the MA team nothing outstanding >30 days unless agreed with the FD or FC (in conjunction with the other Finance Manager).
- Ensuring complete, accurate and timely P&Ls are delivered to deadline by the MA team each month and responsible for review and sign off of these P&Ls (in conjunction with the other Finance Manager).
- Review and sign off of central department P&Ls and delivery of summary variance analysis to budget each month to FC and individual budget owners.
- Ensuring complete and accurate Payroll reviews are completed and the Payroll Flash is sent to deadline each month.
- Ensuring complete and accurate Takings Recs are delivered to deadline by the MA team each month and be responsible for review and sign off of these Takings Recs (in conjunction with the other Finance Manager).
- Review and sign off of the group bad debt file and bad debt provision each month, including Board pack schedules.
- Review and sign off of the group Transactions costs file each month and for audit.
- Review and sign off of the Payroll journal and control accounts each month.
- Review and sign off of the prepayments file and prepayments balance each month.
- Review and sign off of the Fixed Asset Register and fixed asset balances for Tangible Fixed Assets each month.
- Delivery of the below the line items file and back up each month to FC and for audit.
- Resourcing and recruitment for the MA team (in conjunction with the other Finance Manager) to ensure at all times we can deliver the growth.
- Motivating and developing the MA team, ensuring a stable team, and accountable for ensuring they deliver on their targets (in conjunction with the other Finance Manager).
- Delivering an efficient month end process for the MA team with sufficient and effective controls.
Skills and Experience required:
- Strong academically - educated to degree level and having completed their professional accounting qualification (CIMA or similar).
- This person should be several years post-qualification, with evidence of CPD.
- Experienced in management accounting roles in similar sized organisations and in managing a team.
- Must have sufficient commercial experience i.e. not someone looking to move from practice.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment - flexibility is key.
- Excellent IT skills including advanced excel, and confident on various management reporting systems.
- Strong attention to detail, and able to deliver right-first-time results quickly.
- Deadline focussed, and willing to put in the effort required to ensure they always meet them.
- A questioning mind; this person should always be looking for where improvements can be made.
- A natural leader, with excellent interpersonal skills, able to get results from the team and manage under-performance in an effective manner.