Senior SQA Engineer
MTrec are delighted to be working in partnership with a leading design, development and manufacturing company who supplies to the Automotive, and associated engineering industries. Due to continued business growth, they are looking to recruit a Senior SQA Engineer.
• Planning of supplier audits in line with central strategy
• Escalation and solution of issues related to the suppliers
• Management of new components release process
• Cooperation of supplier evaluation process
• Manage evidence of capabilities study results for SC/CC supplier’s characteristics
• Manage quality supplier related internal procedures
• Manage KPI targets - supported with monthly reporting.
• Set up correct countermeasures should the suppliers KPIs fail to be met
• Defines semi-product quality specifications and requirements, and qualifies and approves potential suppliers, in cooperation with purchasing department
• Defines quality planning of semi-products, and conducts inspection and approval
• Conduct workshops at the supplier’s offices
• Constantly monitor quality performance and liaise with defined suppliers to ensure quality standards are at a high level.
• Initiates escalation process for qualification, where appropriate
• Support management regarding supplier problems
• Perform regular reporting of audits, projects and workshop results as well as local quality reports
• Manage concessions for suppliers for whom we have not received products from within the exact specification
• Must have a Quality Management or Technical Qualification
• Previous SQA Engineering experience is essential.
• Knowledge of automotive industry
• Must have knowledge of FMEA, 8D and PPAP
• Ideally have knowledge of audit management VDA 6.3 rules
• Willing to travel worldwide to visit suppliers for about 40% of the time (for which expenses will be paid)
• Must be able to return to site with the problem description and be confident enough to explain/ follow up the solution to that problem
• An ambitious self-starter with the ability to work alone or as part of a team
• Must have an analytical approach to their daily work
• Possess excellent interpersonal and Intercultural skills
• Must be reliable and trustworthy