A well known publishing company based in the City of London are looking for a management accountant to join their team.
Reporting to the Senior Management Accountant, the Management Accountant will be responsible for various aspects of the month end work as well as a range of compliance tasks.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT:
- Preparation of month end journals including but not limited to Prepayments, accruals, cost of sales and intercompany items
- Liaison with cost centre managers to ensure correct accruals are held
- Managing the revenue reports and deferred revenue reconciliations using the A2R system.
- Main point of contact for the intercompany relationship with SAGE Inc.
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations as part of month end process
- Investigation and resolution of unusual items within areas of responsibility
- Preparation of National Statistics and other compliance forms
- Compliance tasks as required by Head of Finance Compliance including VAT monitoring, closure of dormant entities, preparation of accounts for subsidiaries and preparation of year end accounts supporting schedules
- Other tasks as reasonably required by the Senior Management Accountant, Financial Controller, Head of Finance Compliance or Finance Director
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Part Qualified or QBE
- Experience of month end journal preparation and balance sheet work
- An interest in compliance related work
- Strong Excel skills (v-look ups, pivots)
- Able to pick up new systems and processes quickly
- Strong reconciliation skills
LANGUAGE, ANALYTICAL SKILLS AND PERSON SPECIFICATIONS
- A self starter, who is willing to take initiative in new and challenging tasks and, at times, at short notice.
- Good communication skills, an ability to converse with with employees across all levels within and external to the Finance function
- Absolute discretion and adherence to confidentiality requirements
- Be a good team player and willing learner.
- Energetic and enthusiastic.
- Values in line with SAGE values
If you are interested in applying for this position please click apply or email a copy of your CV to