Barge Operator; Physical Commodities
£50,000 + £6,300 allowance + bonus + benefits
Co-ordinating operations from trade inception to completion relating to products (mainly distillates, but also for cover in Bio Fuels and Gasoline).
- Requires frequent afterhours and weekend work to complete operational tasks.
- Work closely with traders.
- Work independently in handling varied and complex operational issues.
- Be proficient in Platts and ICE barge rules and nomination procedures.
- Obtain clean acceptance of barges in a timely manner.
- Fix barges (under chartering guidelines), issue voyage orders and monitor progress of barges, informing trading of any slippage or speed-ups in a timely manner.
- Appoint approved inspectors as required.
- Ensure cargo loading and discharging adhere to any credit or L/C requirements.
- Accurately update Symphony and spreadsheets in a timely fashion.
- Check all calculations relating to the trade (freight, demurrage, product, inspectors, cargo superintendents, gains/losses, insurance and additives). Be knowledgeable of TTB rules.
- Minimize profit leakage.
- Make or assist in claims where necessary.
- Establishing and maintaining good and professional working relationships with internal and external counterparties.
- Maintain accurate records of each cargo including prompt and accurate filing.
- Maintain excellent HSE standards.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with all operational processes.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
Commercial Experience - Desired. Minimum 2 years-commercial experience.
Teamwork - Fosters ethical business relationships with customers, suppliers and co-workers. Works effectively with peers, customers and management. Maintains a positive attitude.
- Communication- Clearly presents thoughts and ideas, both orally and in writing.
- Organisation - Exhibits highly organised approach to detailed work. Maintains accurate and effective files.
- Multi-Tasking abilities - Proactively manages multiple, time sensitive tasks simultaneously and under pressure.
- Analytical/problem solving - Thinks and manages problems and tasks through to completion. Evaluates and understands financial impact of decisions/activities.
- Knowledge and experience in IT including Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word.