Head of Compliance - Part Time (approx. 3 days per week)
An industry self-regulatory body set up to provide a regulatory framework for companies registered with it, with voluntary registrations covering approximately 95% of the market with c. £3bn of assets is seeking a Head of Compliance based in Maidstone to join its expanding team who will be responsible for developing and implementing the framework, in conjunction with the compliance committee. This will be a part-time opportunity with 3 days in the office.
As the Head of Compliance, your duties will be to:
• Review the framework to ensure it is fit for purpose and implements any necessary changes working with the Board, compliance Committee and the stakeholder Group.
• Manage the annual re-registration process for all registered providers.
• In conjunction with the Chief executive develops a plan for the proactive assessment of registered provider’s behaviour in the market through for example mystery shopping, customer research.
• Manage the complaints process dealing with referred complaints about registered providers.
• Help develop the strategic objectives and business plan.
To be a successful Head of Compliance you will have the following skills and experience:
• An FCA background, with experience in banking, insurance pension, or similar.
• Experience of the UK financial services or other regulatory environment.
• Excellent knowledge of planning and monitoring.
• Good knowledge of consumer issues and the ability to take a strong consumer perspective.
• Experience of reviewing, developing and implementing business strategies and policies.
• Knowledge of the operation of a regulatory organisation.
• Ability to make a constructive contribution to organisations key objectives and strategies.
• Ability to build constructive relationships with registered providers.
• Ability to deal with customer complaints sometimes in a challenging emotional situation.
In return, the Head of Compliance will receive a salary of £30,000 - £40,000 per annum for a 3 day week.