UI - UX Designer / Architect - Photo Editing Software
UI / UX Designer Architect
An established company from the Far East producing image processing and high dynamic range (HDR) software are setting up an office in London and are seeking an experienced UI / UX Designer Architect to start their team here, with a strong preference for someone with Mandarin Chinese skills - mostly written for email communications with China HQ.
This is a hybrid designer position; work will be more weighted to UX, though still requiring both interaction and visual design skills. The role will be the first local hire in the UK, and so will initially be working alone until the office here grows in time - so experience in setting up a new office would be a major benefit.
The company can NOT sponsor visas, applicants must have a UK/EU passport, or hold an existing permanent UK work visa (ILR, spouse, EEA family etc.)
The programme the company produces is currently available as a web app, on Windows, OS X, iOS and Android with over 150 million active users worldwide - with the vast majority of the installed user base is in the Far East.
The company are now looking to redesign the brand identity to a universal international style, and in the next 1-2 years add additional services including online transactions of copyright protected photos / illustrations and photo licensing services - targeting customers mainly in creative industries (advertising, film, cartoon, animation, etc.)
The successful applicant will spend the first few weeks working in the role at the company’s HQ in mainland China to become acquainted with the engineering, design and product teams.
- Collaborating with product and design and engineering teams in China to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and user experience
- Optimising the UX from the perspective of processes and workflows
- Adapt the brand identity to a universally appealing international style by optimising the user interface, from overall conceptualising to concrete design instructions
- A deep understanding and experience with modern Western digital design culture / language for apps / software + web
- Very keen eye for clean and artful design, with a focus kept on both UI and UX
- University degree in design, graphics, UX/UI, software development or similar
- Proficiency in at least one of: Visio, Axure, Photoshop, Illustrator, CorelDraw
- Excellent time management
- Strong sense of responsibility, pursuing perfect details of design and ensuring deliverables to a very high standard
- Flexible to travel to; China, Europe & USA
- Experience in software / web app development or design - with a strong UX and UI focus
- Experience in fast-paced start-up environment, or have set up a new office location singlehandedly
- Mandarin Chinese skills (predominantly written, spoken a bonus)
If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 2 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs.