- Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Our clients formative feedback and originality checking services promote critical thinking, ensure academic integrity and help students improve their writing. They provide instructors with the tools to engage students in the writing process, provide personalised feedback, and assess student progress over time. Their applications are used by more than 33 million students at 15,000 institutions in 140 countries. Our client has offices in California and international offices in the UK, the Netherlands, South Korea and Australia.Job Description
LG Recruitment is looking for a QA Engineer to Implement and execute test plans for our clients products throughout the full software lifecycle. You will help maintain and expand test case and test automation coverage working within an Agile scrum team to develop and measure quality assurance standards. Publish test results, help triage bugs, compose acceptance criteria for stories, and mentor fellow teammates on quality engineering best practices.
- You will work with the team to define, develop and implement quality assurance best practices and procedures: test strategies, test plans, test cases, and other quality-related assessments for their scrum team.
- Participate in all aspects of testing; including functional, regression, integration, and scale testing.
- Design, write, execute, and maintain automated and manual tests.
- Augment development teams with enhancing unit and integration tests.
- Perform root cause analysis for issues reported by users and uncovered by test results
- Investigate, record, triage and track defects, and verify their fixes
- Participate in code review process.
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Computer Science related discipline or equivalent industry experience \
- 5+ years of quality assurance for cloud-based applications, large-scale web applications, single-page applications, either for consumer-facing sites or software as a service.
- Experience working collaboratively with cross-functional Agile teams.
- Knowledge of front-end test automation best practices and tools, in particular Nightwatch, Selenium WebDriver.
- Experience with integrating automated testing process with continuous integration tools, in particular CircleCI.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Comfortable with basic Linux commands
- Experience testing web services/APIs, and the automation thereof.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Proactive working style with the ability to adapt to change.
Nice to Have:
- Hands-on experience with automating tests for BDD and TDD.
- Knowledge of Docker
- Experience with Git
- Knowledge of testing native mobile applications.
- Knowledge of web application security standards
- Performance and Scale testing experience across server and client products/systems
- Experience in EdTech!
- Competitive Salary
- Generous holiday allowance
- Pension and Life Assurance scheme
- Various salary sacrifice schemes
- Flexible working
- Opportunity to travel internationally
For more info speak to Catherine lgrecruitment.co.uk