Credit and Risk Quality Officer
The key purpose of this role is to undertake risk based monitoring across the Bank and its group entities comprising daily reviews of the CIFAS and National Hunter databases.
To take appropriate action on each referral, investigating the reasons for referral, and liaising with the underwriting team and third parties in order to ensure that the referral is processed in accordance with Group policies.
Undertake other credit and risk based activities as directed by the Group Head of Strategic Credit Risk Relationships.
- Screening of match referrals relating to borrowing applications using the National Hunter / CIFAS fraud detection tools / systems
- Administering the National Hunter and CIFAS systems as a Group service, ensuring all cases requiring investigation are evaluated
- Compiling accurate management information in relation to Hunter/CIFAS referrals and providing feedback to the Business on all aspects of the process
- Ongoing input into Local Matching System within Hunter
- Analysis of quarterly credit retro outputs and related actions
- To contribute towards the development of credit and risk related policies, procedures and standards
- To assist the Group Head of Strategic Credit Risk Relationships with the oversight of Bureau Error Reports
- To act as an ambassador for the bank’s credit and risk culture and standards, demonstrating the highest standards of compliance behaviours at all times
- Maintain the company’s compliance standards and ensure timely completion of all mandatory on-line training modules
- 12 months previous experience working in a mortgage related environment is essential
- 12months previous experience of working with a fraud risk management tool such as Hunter, SIRA or CiFAS is essential
- Previous experience in compliance, risk management or a conduct risk related function within financial services or consultancy is desirable
- 12 months demonstrable experience of critically analysing information and bringing out clear implications is essential
- 12 months previous experience undertaking a fraud or financial crime related role within a FCA regulated business is desirable
- Basic knowledge of the fraud risks inherent in mortgages and consumer finance is essential
- Basic understanding of the Hunter and CIFAS fraud prevention tools and their application within a commercial environment is desirable
- Basic understanding of, and the ability to interpret, the FCA handbook and other critical regulatory areas is desirable
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook is essential
- Basic understanding of the requirements and practical implications of Money Laundering Regulations, Proceeds of Crime Act, JMLSG Guidance and financial sanctions regimes are desirable