Technical Pre Sales Consultant - Cloud Solutions (South)
Base salary upto £35k including car allowance, benefits and £OTE
My Client is a leading IT and Solutions VAR with a rapidly expanding Technical Division.
The Client offers an array of prodcuts within their portfolio holding Tier 1 Vendor accreditations throughout.
SUMMARY OF MAIN TASKS/RESPONSIBILITIES
- To work as a Pre-Sales Consultant within the Managed Services team supporting Account Manager’s sales opportunities.
- To triage opportunities as they arrive to ascertain whether a) we can fulfil the request and b) win the business by using a supportable solution from our approved portfolio.
- To host conference calls with customers & partners to ascertain what the customer is looking to achieve and to recommend viable solutions.
- To work with colleagues, partners, manufacturers and distributors to create a saleable and supportable bill of materials for sales to sell.
- To use existing template documentation to create customer sales proposal.
- To use skills and knowledge to 'up sell’ additional services that will be of value to the customer.
- To liaise with sales and sales management to a) make them aware that the resource is available to be used and b) help promote preferred solutions to the sales teams to ensure they in turn promote and sell supportable solutions.
- Potential requirements to visit sales offices, suppliers, customers, head office, attend training courses etc. Travel and accommodation costs will be covered.
- Technically aware with a good eye for detail.
- Able to advise on:
- Server technology
- Virtualisation technology
- Microsoft server technology
- Backup technology
- Installation processes
- Good communication skills on all levels
- Attention to detail & diligence over the application.
- Team player but must also be self-motivated
- Work in pressure situations to tight deadlines
- Awareness of financial or project processes
- Keen interest in business technology and infrastructure
- Keen learner
- Able to identify areas for training
- Must be PC literate and have experience in Microsoft Office i.e. Word and Excel