Training & Development Manager
Elite-HR are delighted to be working with a manufacturing Client of ours to help recruit an L&D Manager. This newly created role is a fantastic opportunity for someone to join an L&D team to help lead and move the business forward. Managing a Team and reporting into the HR Manager you would be part of a great HR Team and continually growing, award winning Company.
Responsible for the development and implementation of the training strategy. Supporting and improving the current training system and structure including further design and development to ensure that the quality of learning supports technical compliance, business growth and succession planning.
You will be able to engage with people and have a confident and collaborative manner. A CIPD qualification would be advantageous.
- Management of the training team. Determining priorities, creating a company-wide training calendar and developing cross-functional delivery for all training.
- Monitoring work standards, assessing and maintaining the quality of deliverables and reporting KPI information.
- Design, develop and deliver first class training using latest training techniques including: mentoring, coaching, classroom training, workshops, etc. as appropriate.
- Work with Senior Managers to devise a training strategy for the organisation.
- Manage the Training Budget ensuring costs are adhered to and assess the return on investment of any training or development programme.
- Identify training and development needs through job analysis and regular consultation with managers and the HR Department.
- Design and expand training and development programmes based on the needs of the business and the individual; producing training materials for in-house courses.
- Oversee the recruitment, training and development of Apprentices across the group of companies including the management of the Apprenticeship Levy.
- Ensure statutory and technical compliance training requirements are met; e.g. Health and Safety.
- Carry out a review of training policies.
- Investigate new technologies and methodologies in workplace learning for suitability, including e-learning techniques.