Brokerage Assistant London £25k+
Reports to: Brokerage Manager
My client is a global investment company. They focus on the areas of leisure and pleasure. While their headquarters are in Europe, they have key offices and clients in most major cities across the globe.
In keeping with their spirit of seeking world-class talent, their employees are drawn from all over the world. They think this helps their understanding of how their business can work in different parts of the globe.
The sole purpose of this role is to provide high level support to the brokers and assist in all hedging, trading and reporting duties as and when required. Like all brokers the broker assistant will be responsible for serving the company's VIP customer base, taking and executing bet orders quickly, efficiently, with little/no risk to business, whilst at the same time developing the business together with the rest of the team.
Hedging and trading duties require a quick thinking, highly organized, intelligent individual with excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Provide high level support to Brokers
- Assisting with trading figures, reconciling daily reports, liaising with operational departments to ensure that data error, transactional delays and any other operational problems are dealt with quickly and accurately
- Bet execution, including bet placement and the completion of all relevant data entry/recording keeping
- Maintain client interactions, providing updates on bet orders, positions and other necessary information
- Hedging & trading duties
- Account management - with customers and existing business partners
- Handling and resolving client complaints
The right candidate:
- Fluent in Cantonese, Mandarin and English - Written and Oral
- The ideal candidate would have worked within the gaming/leisure industry but this is not essential
- Good numerical abilities and a head for figures
- Has the ability to work under pressure and handle responsibilities
- Has vast interests in sports especially football (ideal but not essential)
- Has advanced Knowledge MS Office especially Excel
- Is degree educated in finance, accounting, economics or other mathematics related degree
**Experience in the betting industry especially knowledge of Asian Handicap desirable**
My Client is committed to equality of opportunity and to eliminating discrimination. All employees are expected to adhere to the principles set out in our equal opportunity in Employment Policy, Promoting Race Equality Policy and Disability Policy and all other relevant guidance/practice frameworks.
We regret that due to current volumes, we are unable to acknowledge every application. All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible. If you are contacted, please note that, as part of the registration process, you will be required to provide us with proof of identity and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Betting Appointments, part of the St George's Recruitment Group, is acting as an employment agency in regard to this vacancy. We specialise in finding great jobs for great people; our consultants handle a wide range of roles within the betting and gaming industry. If you're looking for a fresh approach to betting and gaming recruitment, please contact us now.