Financial Accounting Manager
Job Ref: 65380
Job Title: Financial Accounting Manager
Salary: £39,000 - £45,000
Closing date: 24th June 2017
To deliver financial and statutory reporting for the laboratory and ensure NPL is compliant with Financial and tax obligations.
• Lead the coordination and delivery of NPL’s financial accounts, support for statutory reporting and transfer to IFRS.
• Ensure that correct accounting practice and processes are adhered to within the finance team. Implement efficiency and improvement initiatives.
• Ensure the Financial controls continue to be of high standard and to support Audit committee chair in role based management.
• Ensure compliance with Financial and tax obligations
o Prepare and submit regulatory returns: PSA - RDEC and any others.
o Preparation and control of the Pension accounting
o Responsibility for the Fixed assets accounting cycle
o Accurate and timely preparation of corporation tax returns
o Management of PAYE returns and processes
o Accurate and timely preparation of VAT returns and Intrastat
• Manage the monthly accounts process relating to your area, controlling the balance sheet and ensuring all accounts are reconciled to the highest standard, reporting to management on variances and the reason for those variances. Also driving and supporting continuous improvement of this financial process.
• Liaise with external auditors and advisors and develop these relationships in order to achieve compliance accurately and on time.
• Input into the production of annual business plans and quarterly forecasts Balance Sheet and Cash Flow forecast.
• ACA/ACCA qualification with solid post qualified experience
• Strong grounding in accountancy - Balance Sheet, P&L and experience of production of statutory accounts.
• Proven experience of preparing company accounts, PAYE, Corporation Tax and VAT returns
• Audit guidance
• Strong leadership skills with experience of managing a small team
• Diligent and organised to meet deadlines
• Excellent communication skills
• Proactive and interactive style
• A problem solver with a hands on and dynamic approach
• Excellent Excel skills, good Word and PowerPoint skills
• Flexibility and experience of business change
• Preferably experience of group reporting software
Based in a unique, purpose-built research environment, we are located in beautiful surroundings on the edge of Bushy Park, south-west London with a host of onsite facilities. These include a subsidised crèche, restaurant and free parking.
NPL Management Limited is committed to supporting its people to develop both personally and professionally and is committed to equal opportunities. NPL Management Limited is a Stonewall Diversity Champion and an Institute of Physics Project Juno Supporter.