Senior Structural Engineer
Senior Structural Engineer, REVIT based in Kendal
Your new company
An award winning, leading consultancy having specialised in the built environment for more than 50 years. The company invests time and money in their employee's and encourages personal development. They are a growing team that keeps winning work which is the reason they are currently looking to recruit.
Your new role:
- Working under the supervision of a Senior/Principle Engineer in the production of schematic/concept designs and structural design calculations within defined project timescales
- Liaising with other construction professionals in the development of designs
- Undertaking structural designs using CSC Building Designer or RAM.
- Directing technicians in the production of AutoCAD and REVIT drawing information undertaking and quality reviews of drawn information prior to issue.
- Liaising with Infrastructure team to ensure design is fully co-ordinated.
- Developing relationships with clients and other professionals with the aim of identifying and securing new job opportunities.
- Whilst these items are relevant on larger projects where work is managed and co-ordinated by a Senior / Principle Engineer, it is envisaged that similar tasks would be undertaken independently on smaller projects as follows.
What you'll need to succeed
- Must hold a degree in Structural/Civil Engineering (ideally 2:1)
- Holds or is working towards a professional qualification i.e, MIStructE/MICE/AMIStructE/AMICE or equivalent
- Must be IT literate with experience of structural design software packages
- Must be technically competent
- Determination to find solutions to problems
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise way with colleagues and clients
- Ability to develop client relationships
- Must hold a valid driving licence
What you'll get in return
Competitive Salary 25 days Holiday + bank holidays, Childcare Voucher Scheme, Bike to Work Scheme Company, Pension Scheme, Share Ownership after qualifying period Life Assurance
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.