Salary: £33,250 per annum
We have an exciting opportunity to join our growing business as a Sales Manager in our Guildford Store, we offer an unrivalled commission structure and a basic salary of £33,250 per annum and you can expect to earn £40k OTE.
At Furniture Village, we have a saying: If you perform you will achieve and if you achieve you will be rewarded. We offer highly competitive salary and benefits packages. We’re also passionate about growing our own talent and offer great career and development opportunities for people who want to succeed.
Our first ever Furniture Village store opened its doors in Abingdon in 1989. We currently have 51 stores across the UK and still growing so there is plenty of opportunity for future development within the Furniture Village family. We are the country’s number one, independently-owned furniture retailer. We offer the best brand-name furniture at the best price - including ranges from brands such as Natuzzi, Silentnight, Mammoth and Duresta. We work hard to make our customers lives easier by providing superior service, amazing value and bright ideas.
Some key aspects of the Sales Manager role and what we are looking for:
We are open to your career background however you must be able to demonstrate leadership experience, and have proven success in delivering great customer service. You will be a star seller in your past/ current roles, and have an eye for detail, and the ability to achieve and succeed targets.
This would ideally be in a retail sales environment.
- Represent our brand and vision by delivering a fantastic and friendly customer service.
- Be a hard-working team player, who has the ambition and commitment to succeed as individuals and to drive the success of their team.
- In keeping with the Furniture Village culture, you’ll build strong relationships based upon mutual trust, respect and confidence with all your colleagues.
- Proven strong leadership skills and performance management capabilities.
- Understand how your store is performing and set direction accordingly.
- Monitor team and individual targets and address areas of concern through coaching and mentoring.
- Create opportunities for team members to develop new skills to achieve future goals.
- Set challenging targets for yourself and others.
- Communicate effectively with others to engage them with change.
- Confident in challenging the norm, if that benefits the business and/or your colleagues.
- Achieve positive outcomes from challenging situations.
- Maximising bookings, sales, margin and profit in line with budgets.
- Ensuring customer orders are made accurately and efficiently, right up to delivery.
- Following all systems and procedures correctly, effectively and consistently.
- Actively keeping track of sales performance against target, and seeking support and feedback when required.
- Searching out opportunities for creating new business opportunities.
- Successfully achieving activity targets.
- Using your persuasion and influencing skills to move sales forward and be confident in your ability to close sales.
- Ability to work weekends and bank holidays.
What you can expect in return:
- An excellent salary and benefits package
- 13 Weeks guaranteed commission
- Holiday - 28 days including Bank Holidays, rising to 33 days after 5 years of service i.e. 1 day for each additional year
- Company pension scheme
- Permanent Health Insurance and Death in Service benefit after 1 years’ service
- Generous Staff and Friends & Family discount, after 6 months of service
- Long service recognition
- Childcare Vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme - help to buy a bike
- Employee Assistance Programme
- An opportunity to develop and grow with the business
You should only apply for this position if you can fully commit yourself to flexible working hours. Otherwise, we may be unable to proceed with your application.
In the event of there being an exceptionally large response to the advertised position, we reserve the right to close the application process early.
Furniture Village is an equal opportunities employer and all offers of employment are made solely on merit.
We want every family to feel at home at Furniture Village, and you’ll be providing a shopping experience which is friendly, fun and inspiring! Apply now!