Indirect Materials Buyer - Graduate Opportunity
With its leading edge technology, this highly innovative, multi-billion pound turnover, global, manufacturing / engineering group now requires an Indirect Materials Buyer to support the implementation of a number of improvement initiatives within its European procurement function.
This role would be suitable for either a recent graduate or someone shortly due to graduate, who is looking to develop their career in a commercially focused, buying/procurement role.
As the Indirect Materials Buyer, you would be reporting to the European Indirect Procurement Director and working within a fast paced, technology driven environment.
You will supporting the European regional indirect procurement teams to deliver reductions in their indirect annual spend, with a view to improving profitability. The role responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- supporting the relationship management of key Europe-wide indirect material suppliers across multi-region categories
- identifying and sharing best practices across the region
- reviewing historical spend and category data
- developing the business case with the regions to support the adoption of indirect procurement processes
- involvement in the implementation of procurement tools and processes across the region
Ideally of graduate standard, preferably from within a technical, business, commercial or engineering based discipline, candidates will also be able to demonstrate that they:
- have some previous work experience, ideally from within a procurement environment
- have an understanding and awareness of ERP systems and source-to-pay systems
- have excellent IT skills with a good understanding of general PC packages, in particular Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- have excellent attention to detail
- have the ability to clearly prioritise workloads and tasks, and be used to multi-tasking
- have excellent communication skills and can be flexible, creative and thrive in a challenging environment
- are an organised and pro-active individual, who demonstrates a positive and professional attitude
- are able to work as part of a team or under their own initiative to meet required targets and deadlines
- sound project management skills
Applicants should note that there will be extensive travel within the European region with this role.