Have you seen the new facility that is being built at the top of the M32 on the way into Bristol?
Would you like to play a crucial role in the development of this brand-new sports and leisure complex?
Pear Tree Recruitment is delighted to be the exclusive recruitment partner to Shaftesbury Park. We are initially looking to recruit an experienced, self-motivated and personable candidate to become Shaftesbury Park’s new General Manager. This is a fantastic and unique opportunity to be part of the set-up and day-to-day running of a brand-new facility. The ground will primarily be home to Dings Crusaders and although its main function will be a rugby club, the charity that support it is passionate that it becomes a well-known venue of choice throughout the South West for social and corporate events and functions.
Shaftesbury Park is offering an excellent annual salary, incentive-related bonus and a competitive overall package. The facility will be open 7 days a week so initially the General Manager will be expected to work a flexible 37.5 hour week as they will be the main key holder. However, as the team develops, Monday to Friday office hours will be potentially be available.
The facility will consist of:
- 120 seat function room with a full catering service
- Conference room
- Fully licensed bar
- Sports hall
- Seated stand and viewing facilities
- Gymnasium and weights room
- Grass rugby pitches
- All weather rugby pitches
Key responsibilities to include:
- Growing commercial revenue streams and being responsible for developing and implementing a business plan for the facility that maximises profitability
- Identifying short, medium and long-term objectives to bring the above business plan into practice
- Enhancing the facility’s propositions for continuous improvement and innovation opportunities
- Building and maintaining excellent relationships with national and local businesses to identify new markets to target
- Monitoring market trends and keeping fully updated on changing trends and market changes
- Utilising social media channels and working with the marketing team to ensure maximum exposure for the facility
- Attracting further support and investment for the club through various revenue streams identified in business plan
- Identifying and managing sponsorship opportunities, negotiating each deal to best suit the facility and implementing bespoke packages
- Developing new branding assets for the facility in association with the marketing team
- Communicating, executing and managing marketing programs to raise the profile of the facility within the local community
- Recruiting an experienced team for the facility including a full staff rotas system and managing them daily, dealing with HR matters
- Acting as the point of contact for all HR matters within the facility
- Sourcing suppliers and negotiating competitive contracts, compiling rates for sign off
- Liaising with the grounds men and facilities team to ensure legislative Health and Safety standards are adhered to and achieved
- Acting as the primary point of contact for building contracts whilst the build is being finished and dealing with and overcoming any queries that may occur
- Reporting regularly to the Chairman, Director of Rugby and the charity’s Executive Board to ensure that the facility is operating to its full potential
The above is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities. Therefore, the successful candidate should be able to evolve their key responsibilities to accommodate changes that might occur as a natural progression of the facility during its infancy. It is vital that the General Manager has a wealth of experience within a sports or leisure environment and a proven track record of revenue generation, contract negotiation and operational management. The General Manager will report regularly into the charity’s Chairman and Executive Board but will liaise daily with the Director of Rugby to ensure the smooth-running of the facility alongside the rugby club’s goals and objectives. This will be a constantly evolving, busy and responsible role. Therefore, it is paramount that the successful candidate has excellent communication and multi-tasking skills.
If you are interested in this position of would like to hear more details then please contact me ASAP as Shaftsbury Park are looking to appoint their new General Manager within the next few weeks.