Job title: New Build Construction Project Managers
Salary: £80,000 - £90,000
Location: London - (North West, South West & East), Brighton, Surrey & Cambridge
Job Type: Permanent
Our client is an established D&B contractor, who have been awarded a significant portfolio of residential and mixed-use schemes in London, Cambridge and South East. At this moment in time they are actively seeking Project Managers to work on various new build projects ranging from £10m (a number one PM on the smaller schemes) to £100m projects (as part of a team) and reporting into the relevant Contracts Manager.
Some duties (but not limited too)
- Continually review the programmes, plan, budgets, preliminaries and site as a whole. Analyse findings, impact thereof and take corrective action in a timely manner to ensure our objectives are met.
- Follow defined meeting/review procedures to ensure every aspect of the project is reviewed in a timely manner and actions are planned well in advance.
- Thoroughly check all information prior firstly to budget settlement and secondly prior to construction and identify any shortfalls, discrepancies or ambiguity and resolve prior to any material effect arising.
- Ensure construction phase H&S plan is prepared and maintained.
- Ensure that the Project environmental plan is prepared in advance of commencing the works.
- Assist in the preparation of development programmes including pre-construction, construction and post construction activities and approve.
- Assist in the preparation of detailed construction preliminaries with supporting information, method statements and preliminaries programme.
- Ensure the works are satisfactorily supervised at all times.
- Ensure that the project is executed in accordance with the current Construction procedures manual.
- Ensure that the Quality Inspections are carried out in accordance with current Construction Procedures Manual and quality standards are achieved.
- Ensure that the Health and Safety procedures are complied with in every respect.
- Ensure that the works are constructed in accordance with all relevant Standards (Local authority British Standards etc.), contract drawings specifications and employers requirements.
Education, experience and essential:
- The successful candidate will have a proven track record working for a main contractor within a Project Management capacity and ideally with a background in delivering schemes such as, private and affordable living residential, leisure (hotels) and mixed-use schemes.
- Extensive experience of ground works and RC frame construction is a requirement.
- SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE MUST COME FROM A CIVIL ENGINEERING BACKGROUND AND QUALIFIED ENGINEER
- You will hold relevant site certificates CSCS, SMSTS, and First Aid and would be beneficial to be MCIOB or similar professional membership.
If you would like to know more about the opportunity or apply for this role please apply today by speaking to Peter
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a main contractor who is expanding rapidly and so creating many career opportunities for the successful candidates.