Salary: £15,000 per annum
WOULD YOU GO THE EXTRA MILE?
We have an exciting opportunity to join our growing business as a Sales Consultant in our Staines Store, we offer an unrivalled commission structure and a basic salary of £15,000 per annum and you can expect to earn £40k OTE. If you are looking for a new and exciting career with no limits to your earning potential, then we have the right opportunity for you.
Our first ever Furniture Village store opened its doors in Abingdon in 1989. We currently have 51 stores across the UK and still growing so there is plenty of opportunity for future development within the Furniture Village family. We are the country’s number one, independently-owned furniture retailer. We offer the best brand-name furniture at the best price - including ranges from brands such as Natuzzi, Silentnight, Mammoth and Duresta. We work hard to make our customers lives easier with superior service, amazing value and bright ideas.
Some key aspects of the Sales Consultant role
- Maximising bookings, sales, margin and profit in line with budgets.
- Ensuring customer orders are made accurately and efficiently, right up to delivery.
- Following all systems and procedures correctly, effectively and consistently.
- Actively keeping track of sales performance against target, and seeking support and feedback when required.
- Searching out opportunities for creating new business opportunities.
- Successfully achieving activity targets.
- Using your persuasion and influencing skills to move sales forward, and be confident in your ability to close sales.
- Ability to work weekends and bank holidays.
Do you have what we are looking for?
- Previous sales experience within Retail would be beneficial, although we will provide full training for the right individual!
- Driven and hardworking.
- Hunger to succeed and ambitious.
- Ability to make a good first impression and provide a high level of customer service throughout the customers’ sales journey with Furniture Village.
- Exceed customer expectations by identifying and providing them with the best possible solutions including upselling and cross-selling.
- High level of oral and written communication and able to communicate information clearly and persuasively.
- Be aware of your behaviour and always maintain the Furniture Village values when selling. Adapt your sales style to suit your audience to achieve a desired result.
- Ability to make decisions using knowledge and experience, common sense and initiative.
- Stay positive in the face of disappointment and/or rejection.
What you can expect in return:
- An excellent salary and benefits package
- 13 Weeks guaranteed commission
- Holiday - 28 days including Bank Holidays, rising to 33 days after 5 years of service i.e. 1 day for each additional year
- Company pension scheme
- Permanent Health Insurance and Death in Service benefit after 1 years’ service
- Generous Staff and Friends & Family discount, after 6 months of service
- Long service recognition
- Childcare Vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme - help to buy a bike
- Employee Assistance Programme
- An opportunity to develop and grow with the business
You should only apply for this position if you can fully commit yourself to flexible working hours. Otherwise, we may be unable to proceed with your application.
In the event of there being an exceptionally large response to the advertised position, we reserve the right to close the application process early.
Furniture Village is an equal opportunities employer and all offers of employment are made solely on merit.
We want every family to feel at home at Furniture Village and you’ll be providing a shopping experience which is friendly, fun and inspiring! Apply now!