Instructional Designer e-learning
Maternity Cover contract up to end May 2018
E-learning Developer / Instructional Designer required to join the eLearning Team based at the prestigious Royal School of Military Engineering, based in Chatham, Kent.
An experienced eLearning Developer / Instructional Designer is required to create storyboards for the development of Computer Aided Instruction (CAI) (E-learning) modules for construction based training courses. You will be required to create technical storyboards from trainer lesson plans and other documentation or enhancing trainer authored story boards for development of CAI modules.
This is a very hands-on role working with staff developing storyboards, which requires great people and communication skills.
Qualifications - e-Learning Instructional Designer
- Degree or relevant training in e-Learning, instructional design or educational design
- Teaching Qualification (desirable, not essential)
- IFL Membership (desirable, not essential)
- Relevant Professional Qualification/Membership (desirable, not essential)
Experience - eLearning Developer
- Demonstrated experience in instructional / educational design (minimum 1-2 years)
- Experience of developing storyboards to describe course content and inform developers of requirements
- Demonstrable experience of designing storyboards which reflect adult learning principles and promote ease-of-use and accessibility of content.
- Experience of working with subject matter experts (SMEs)
- Ability to revise content from SMEs to develop e-learning courses
- Provide advice and guidance on instructional / educational design issues to SMEs and colleagues where appropriate.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills which facilitate development of strong internal and external relationships.
- An interest in e-learning and flexible learning
- Experience of working in a team
- Support subject matter experts and members of the project team and other content suppliers in the development of materials for blended learning delivery
- Make the best use of learning technologies in the design and creation of storyboards for e-learning content
- Contribute technical expertise to ensure the design of the e-learning storyboard materials are engaging, educationally sound and make full use of the possibilities offered by electronic publishing
- Critically review finished content for continuous improvement opportunities to ensure that company CAI is at the leading edge within the industry
- Contribute to the development of consistent visual designs
- Encourage use of best practice and techniques for web interface design
Full job desciption available on request.
Our client, MKC Training Services is an equal opportunities employer. They value diversity in their people and all applications will be welcomed and considered regardless of a person’s age, sex, religion, marital status, sexual orientation or ethnic origin.
MKCTS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.