Senior Buyer - £30 - £40k
We are recruiting for a Senior Buyer for a successful manufacturing company, based in the Diss area, Monday – Friday 8.00am – 5.00pm.
Working closely with the Commercial Team with the objective of strengthening relationships with the Company’s existing supplier base, creatively sourcing new components and identifying & developing new supplier opportunities your role would include:
- Manage purchasing costs of stock, commodity items and services to ensure that it is competitive, maximises profit within reduced minimum order quantities.
- Manage and review pricing negotiation strategies to attain the best terms whilst managing the supplier portfolio including resourcing in the case of poor service.
- Contracts Negotiation and Management, looking at putting long term, strategic framework agreements in place
- Working autonomously with Senior Level Stakeholders, influencing at executive level
- Assist Planners / Commercial Team, by advising the Customer and their suppliers on minimum order levels, safety stock levels and lead times.
- Assist Planners when required - fulfilling the demands by either rescheduling in or rescheduling out the delivery date on Purchase Orders, working to a variety of lead times in a fast paced, environment ensuring that any critical items are expedited promptly.
- Supervising the purchasing team, who are responsible for processing the purchase orders, chasing the delivery acknowledgement dates and maintaining these dates on the MRP system.
The complexity of this role calls for an individual with extensive buying experience within a manufacturing environment, CIPS qualified would be desirable, capable of identifying cost saving opportunities without being prompted and great MS Office skills.
With a competitive salary, you will be working for a successful and growing worldwide manufacturer that is known as a market leader within their specialist industry.
If you would like to discuss this position in confidence, please call Jean Knappitt . Alternatively apply online or send a current CV.