Clinical / Forensic Psychologist - Mental Health Hospital
Clinical / Forensic Psychologist
£39,000 - £42,000 p/a + Pension, PMI, Life Assurance and More
Mental Health Hospital - Male Only Units
Overview - Clinical / Forensic Psychologist - Mental Health Hospital, Male Only
Compass Associates are exclusively working on behalf of a leading Mental Health Provider to recruit an enthusiastic Clinical or Forensic Psychologist with an interest in working with male only adults with mental health needs and personality disorders to cover their Low Secure Units.
The overall goal is to deliver effective and evidenced based interventions that improve mental health and reduce risk. You will have the opportunity to apply specialist psychological skills in the assessment, formulation and treatment of adults with complex mental disorders (predominantly personality disorder, but with other co-morbid conditions) in combination with the application of forensic models to treat and manage risk.
To support your role, you will have provision of an assistant psychologist.
Responsibilities - Clinical / Forensic Psychologist - Mental Health Hospital - Male Only
- Provision of specialist clinical and forensic psychology services with the Men's Service.
- Support the consultant Psychologist and Lead Psychologist in meeting targets for organisational key performance
- Supervision of more junior psychology staff
- Working within a specialised clinical area, to provide specialist psychological assessments of patients
- To formulate plans for the formal Psychological Treatment of a patient
- To be responsible for implanting a range of psychological interventions for individuals and groups
- To make skilled evaluations and decisions about treatment options
- To provide expertise and specialist psychological advice, guidance and consultation to other professionals contributing directly to patients formulation, diagnosis and treatment plan
- To communicate in a highly skilled and sensitive manner
Criteria - Clinical / Forensic Psychologist - Mental Health Hospital - Male Only
Experience working with Personality Disorder Patientsand / or Mental Health
DBT experience is an advantagebut not essential
Package - Clinical / Forensic Psychologist - Mental Health Hospital - Male Only
This role is a 8 month contract (July 2017 - Feb 2018) to cover maternity leave.
It is a full time position, working 37.5 hours per week.
The salary pays between £39,000 - £42,000, dependent upon experience.
Contact Details - Clinical / Forensic Psychologist- Mental Health Hospital- Male Only
If you would like to be considered for this exciting opportunity, then please contact Rachel Jones at Compass Associates directly.