New Build Residential - Senior Quantity Surveyor
Job Title: New Build Residential - Senior Quantity Surveyor
Salary: Up to £75,000 + Package (Car or Car Allowance) + Bonus + Benefits
Where: North London
Job type: Permanent
How you apply: Online or by phone (Peter Alleyne)
Who you will be working for:
This new build developer is steeped in tradition over the last 40 years delivering high quality homes to the North and North West London region. They are about to embark on one of their largest developments in the company's history and require a strong Senior QS who will initially be based in the North London head office then out to the project in NW London.
Some of your responsibilities:
- As the Senior QS you will report directly into the Managing Surveyor & Commercial Manager.
- Working with a junior member of staff underneath you, you will be responsible for the commercial management for this scheme.
- Prepares Subcontract tender documentation, analyses tender returns and makes recommendations on subcontractor selection.
- Attends subcontract pre-order meetings and agrees any post tender variations and matters affecting tender sum.
- Prepares and monitors subcontract documentation and warranties for eventual engrossment by parties to the contract.
- You will be responsible for procurement, variations, valuations, take offs, measurements and CVR's and overseeing work of the junior members of staff
You must have:
- Candidates are ideally asked to come from a developer background, however due to the size and complexity of the project they will happily look at Senior Surveyors from a main contracting background, as long as it has been residential projects.
- Experience in working on large residential projects which consists of RC Frame Construction
- The client would also consider a person who is on the cusp of becoming a Senior and looking for that opportunity to shine.
- A degree in Surveying or construction related qualification is essential
- Experience of leading / managing junior members of staff.
An excellent opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to really make a name on what is a very long term high profile project.
Do you want to discuss this exciting opportunity in more detail?
Please contact Peter Alleyne on