Support Worker Learning Disabilities
Support Worker - Learning Disabilities
Would you like to specialise in supporting those on the autism spectrum?
Would you like to work for a smaller charity that allows their support staff to engage more in the support and care for their clients?
If you have said yes, to the questions above, this may be the right role for you.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Support Worker to work in a small residential home for adults who have a learning disability and are autistic. The charity is looking for people to work as part of a team that supports their client in reaching their full potential in the supported living environment and in the community.
The ideal candidate will have at least one years' experience with working with adults or children who have a learning disability or mental health issue. The role includes:-
- Supporting the clients with their personal care
- Helping the clients in making their daily meals
- Accompanying the clients to their medical appointments
- Accompanying the clients on social visits, such as, swimming, the gym, shopping, horse riding, cinemas trips and general activities
- General Housekeeping
- Provide medication
Participating in the planning and implementation of personal development plans and person centred plans
Updating care plans
As well as having experience of the above, as a Support Worker you will also need to be up to date with your full mandatory training. If you have worked with service users who have epilepsy, this would be an advantage.
Applicant must have the following requirements:-
- NVQ2 in Health and Social Care
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Enjoy being active and supporting clients when they go out into the community
- Enjoy working creatively with clients
- Be able to work flexible hours including weekends, sleep-ins and waking night duties
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
If you feel this is the role for you, please apply as soon as possible, or call us for further information.
The successful candidate will be expected to have an enhanced DBS.
Oakley Professional Recruitment is an Independent Recruitment Consultancy