ACCA / ACA QUALIFIED ACCOUNTANT - LEGAL CASHIER
We are a rapidly expanding law firm located in Hendon with a satellite office in Mayfair and are now looking for an Accountant to join our talented vibrant accounts team.
You will be responsible for managing the accounts team and providing high quality accounts, accounting services and advice on the Solicitors Regulation Authority ("SRA") Accounts Rules to our team of lawyers and to our clients. The primary purpose of the role is to take responsibility for developing and growing the accounts department under the direction of the Human Resources Director and enabling it to deliver advice and expertise to colleagues and external clients at all levels.
The role will have a diverse workload including:
- Overall responsibility for service delivery targets of the accounts department
- First point of contact with our legal team and a small portfolio of external clients with respect the management of Client Money
- Providing advice to the legal team with respect to the Solicitors Regulation Authority ("SRA") Rules regarding the management of Client Money and AML
- Meeting the demands of lawyers and clients, handling telephone and e-mail queries, delegation of workloads
- Preparing and reviewing statutory and management accounts
- VAT analysis/Fixed asset register/ accruals and prepayments
- Aged debt analysis and reporting for the Credit Controller
- Monthly budgeting and cash flow forecasting
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Working closely with the Human Resources Director on system and in-house business projects
- Production of all monthly and annual financial information
- Financial reconciliations of the financial ledger, client account and general account
- Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Payroll administration and support advice to the Human Resources Director
- Any other ad-hoc duties
We pride ourselves on excellence of service and therefore you should be comfortable managing a busy caseload that will require you to build strong working relationships with our client base and external professionals.
This is a great opportunity for a talented Accountant, and the successful candidate will be fully conversant with the Solicitors Regulation Authority ("SRA") Rules regarding the management of Client Money and the relevant AML and compliance issues that apply to U.K. law firms.
You should have a minimum of 2 years working in a law firm and managing a Client Deposit Account, be post qualified with full PCTR, have people and performance management leadership qualities with the ability to inspire and engage other employees, previous accounting/finance experience in a Law Firm and exposure to month end/financial reporting.
Candidates do not need to hold a current practicing certificate but must meet the criteria to do so.
The salary range is between £25,000 and £32,500 and does depend on experience, a competitive package as well as excellent development opportunities will be on offer to the right candidate.
Applications for this role must be received close of business on Monday 19 June 2017.
Please send your full CV to be considered for an interview.