Finance Business Partner (1YR FTC)
Job Ref: 65378
Job Title: Finance Business Partner (1YR FTC)
Type: Fixed Term
Salary: £39,000 - £45,000
Closing date: 24th June 2017
To provide financial analysis on current and past performance for Functions, strategy and commercial, identify and implement practical recommendations to improve the financial and strategic performance of the scientific Division in the future.
This role is responsible for the Functions, commercial and Strategy.
• Operate as a subject matter expert for Finance advice and, in partnership with Business Leader, articulate the key financial needs and risks of the Division as well as NPL as a whole.
• Constructively challenge Business Leaders and Group Leaders on financial performance, sharing the results of well-understood and well-presented management information in order to support the business meet its objectives. Train key business users to understand the benefits of successful application of key Finance tools.
• Create, implement and communicate the results of financial modelling with Business Leaders and Group Leaders, appraising the performance of certain business and customer streams in order to inform and shape key strategic decisions.
• Lead the annual budget and periodic forecasts for the Division ensuring accuracy. This includes challenging the quality and integrity of the data entered by the business and identifying, measuring and articulating key financial and non-financial risks and how these are mitigated.
• Review and identify the need for change to existing Finance processes and develop remedial actions which demonstrate measurable improvements. These will be implemented at the earliest opportunity in order to enhance the wider Finance team’s performance.
• Prepare monthly Department management accounts including full P&L and balance sheet analysis to ensure financial performance is accurately reflected and deadlines met. Prepare divisional report including succinct, high quality and relevant commentary against plan and prior periods and estimated level of risk or upside against full year budget/forecast.
• Model commitment to accuracy at all times, self-checking work to minimise review points. Lead the Assistant in improving standing data for the Department and reviewing P.O. set up and accuracies. Generate, implement and share practical ideas for improving data integrity within the wider Finance team.
• Manage and train an assistant, taking responsibility for all NPL people processes. Delegate relevant work and review output to ensure continued professional development and to maximise business partnering opportunities.
• Perform other ad hoc finance activities as requested by management.
• Team management experience
• ACA/ACCA qualified
• Experience of business partnering
• Able to present/explain, influence and work effectively with non-financial managers
• Excellent time management and interpersonal skills
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Flexible outlook and able to cope with significant change
Based in a unique, purpose-built research environment, we are located in beautiful surroundings on the edge of Bushy Park, south-west London with a host of onsite facilities. These include a subsidised crèche, restaurant and free parking.
NPL Management Limited is committed to supporting its people to develop both personally and professionally and is committed to equal opportunities. NPL Management Limited is a Stonewall Diversity Champion and an Institute of Physics Project Juno Supporter.