Data Analyst - Fantastic Company Up to 45k
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a highly analytical bright graduate, as a Data Analyst, for a global intelligence company based in London. You’ll report directly to Head of Research and work closely with our Data Science team to import and analyse complex data from tens of thousands of sources in a multitude of formats.
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. They have offices in New York and London.
Role as a Data Analyst
- You will be working on the Research Team and the broader business’s data pipeline. You will for instance be asked to source data and investigate a data sources such as a Websites, flat files, or APIs.
- You will learn as much as you can about business requirements and needs and then explore and profile the data using SQL, Excel, Python or whatever other tools fit the job.
- You will have responsibility for productionalising datasets for modelling, visualization and analysis using an off the shelf enterprise ETL tool and, if necessary, Python and SQL. Don’t worry if you have never used an enterprise ETL tool. They can train you.
What we are looking for in a Data Analyst
- They need someone who is bright, articulate graduate with at least 2-3 years data analyst experience, who understands how to transform data and who is super eager to learn and work with data.
- This is a highly visible, central, and critical role. Every day, you will be interacting with and learning from excellent project managers, business analysts, data scientists, software developers and QA engineers in a friendly, collegial environment.
Responsibilities As A Data Analyst
- Collaborate with the Data Scientists, Product Owners, and Software Engineers to identify, collect and transform data for research and analysis including statistical modeling.
- Identify and diagnose data inconsistencies and errors.
Necessary Skills and Experience As A Data Analyst
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, or equivalent quantitative field.
- Python, SQL and Microsoft Excel.
- Experience manipulating and joining data in multiple different formats (for example, csv, json, xml, text).
- Experience integrating external APIs for data acquisition.
- Experience to data exploration, profiling, quality control, transformation, and visualization.
- Comfort with utilizing team collaboration software (issue tracking, project management, document sharing, etc.)
- Experience designing efficient and robust ETL/ELT workflows, schedulers, and event-based triggers * R, SAS, Matlab or other statistical software packages
- Familiarity with the key concepts of Data Science including machine learning
- Experience with AWS Soft Skills
- Outstanding client and internally-facing verbal and written communication, leadership, and negotiating skills
- Able to communicate complex concepts to all different types of audiences
- Self-motivation and eagerness to learn
- An honest, ego-less approach that inspires collaboration
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills