I require an experience Payroll Specialist to work alongside another Payroll Specialist to manage a number of UK Payrolls. Ideally experience of ADP Freedom. My client has multiple sites across the UK with over 500 employees at present with 10% growth year on year.
You will be responsible for the collating the payroll, hours, over time, shift allowance. Completing the payroll report, validation before it is sent through to the payroll provider (ADP). You will need experience with payroll a methodical approach and excellent attention to detail. You will also be the first point of contact for any payroll queries.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a multi award winning organisation, listed in Times fast growth companies and with strong core values running through the business this truly is a great place to work.
- Manage the monthly payroll process for all employees, owning the data that is input, in accordance with cut off dates and all requirements in accordance with legislation, including pensions, PAYE,SMP,OMP,SSP,Shared Parental leave, along with holiday calculations on zero hours and commissions .
- Be able to manage a variety of different contracts and pay cycles within the given payroll and ensure all data is, input, uploaded, checked, challenged where appropriate to ensure correct payments are made to all employees to ensure errors are below 1%.
- Responsible for the entering new starters and leavers information into the system and calculation of correct deductions and benefits where necessary.
- Responsible for all change requests within an authorised process and to manage the payroll due diligence piece.
- Import and input payroll information accurately and be aware of business changes to ensure any effect on payroll is captured.
- Accountable for payroll to be delivered and distributing for checking in timescales to allow feedback from the business leads.
- Ensure all tax information and PAYE, Pensions documentation is sent, reconciled and up to date in accordance with regulations.
- Investigate and resolve and payroll queries internally and externally.
- Knowledge of pension legislation and automatic enrolment.
- Be able to calculate manual payments and reverse payslip accordingly to ensure PAYE is correct following advances made.
- Ensure HR and payroll reports are provided to ensure the business can actively comply with legislation relating to working time directive and or working time regulations, sales commissions , holidays taken ,
- Produce reports on Turnover, staffing sickness to be provided once payroll is completed.
- Be able to calculate manually sickness and maternity calculations in accordance with individual's contract and entitlement.
- Handle telephone calls/enquiries regarding payroll queries and log issues as appropriate including first point of query for employee PAYE issues.
- Update employee records as appropriate (in relation to payroll / tax or HR Information)
- High literacy, numerical and IT skills
- Strong interpersonal skills / telephone etiquette
- Has already managed a key payroll position for 2+ years in a highly flexible environment
- Strong Excel and spreadsheet skills
- Experience in HR Reporting
- Personal presentation and Hygiene should be to a high standard