Hotel Finance Director
Hotel Finance Director £65,000 - £75,000 + Bonus and benefits
My client is a global hospitality company based in London. They are currently looking for a Hotel Finance Director to join their successful and well established Finance team.
As the Finance Director you will be responsible for maximising the value of the hotel through the delivery of consistent, predictable, growing and high-quality earnings balanced with an appropriate approach to risk management. will have a dual role participating as a core member of the local hotel management team on a day to day basis both from a financial and commercial perspective, while acting as a critical link to the wider Finance function.
The Hotel Finance Director will be a key member of the wider Management team comprising of three General Managers. As part of this the finance function including the CFO has primary responsibility for their career progression from Recruitment, Selection and On-Boarding; through to performance excellence and Learning & Development to Talent Management (which comprises amongst other things promotions, succession planning and compensation). both from a financial and commercial perspective, while acting as a critical link to the wider Finance function.
Core Financial and Accounting Responsibilities;
- Responsible for the accuracy and completeness of the entire Financial Statements (Balance Sheet & P&L)
- Collaborate with the corporate centre where services or activities are "outsourced" to them e.g. accounts payable, compilation of the statutory accounts etc.
- Ensure all internal reporting requirements to Corporate are fully satisfied
- Ensure that appropriate internal controls are in place and consistently applied.
- Ensure appropriate balance sheet management including capital structure, cash and working capital management, return on shareholder's funds etc.
- Ensure that internal audit recommendations are resolved completely and in a timely manner
- Maintain accurate accounting records in accordance with UK GAAP and IFRS
- Be the interface to onsite external audits
- Be responsible for the institutionalisation of Risk Management best practices including compliance with group wide policies such as Money Laundering and Bribery & Corruption, and maintenance of a risk register
Additional Commercial Responsibilities
- Manage and help deliver the budget / forecast / strategic plans along with the rest of the senior hotel team.
- Ensure that the GM and VCGM's receive the information they require to control and optimise their areas of responsibility.
- Be able to interpret financial data, draw insights, provide recommendations and support the execution of those plans and delivering the solutions
- Provide day-to-day commercial decision support to the General Managers
- Complete or assist in completion of Capital Expenditure Request. Ensure that financial returns are reasonable and deliverable
- Ensure tight cost control over both external costs and intra-group recharges
- Demonstrate competence in Financial Analysis and Analytical Techniques
- Drive delivery of the corporate, Hotel and Functional objectives
- Ensure that all internal/ external customer requests and queries are responded to promptly and effectively
People Management Responsibilities
- Take pride in nurturing a high performing team of professionals
- Help attract and retain high quality individuals
- Ensure that the finance team has objectives, Personal Development Plans and monthly 1-2-1s
- Ensure that 6-monthly and annual appraisals are carried out, in line with the leadership values and daily habits, where applicable
- Ensure that succession plans are in place
- Train and develop team members, ensuring cross-training and multi-skilling
- Act as a role model for the corporate and Finance values and behaviours
- Good leadership and people development skills
- Ability to engage and interact with non-finance team members
- Independently minded and self-motivated
- Gravitas and credibility and strength of character
- Commercial acumen
- Good team player
- Passionate and driven
- Excellent communication skills
- Good influencing skills
- University degree
- Qualified Accountant (likely ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- Hotel experience preferable
- Individuals will be expected to rotate between hotels and or the corporate